Can a foreign company create a company in Spain?
The possibility of creating a company in Spain as an immigrant exists. If the intention of the entrepreneur is, in addition to forming and owning the business, working on it, then it will be required to have a residence and work permit on his own.
What type of company can you set up in Spain and what does each one offer you?
How to register as a freelancer online and in two easy steps
In the case of being part of a business project only as a capitalist partner, as long as the work is carried out by hired personnel or Spanish partners who have a work permit in Spain, it will not be necessary to process this type of authorization.
Requirements to make the Register Company in Spain as a non-EU immigrant:
In the first place, obviously, not being a citizen of a State of the EU, European Economic Area or Switzerland, since the corresponding regime would apply.
No criminal record in Spain in any of the crimes included in the Spanish code, as well as in the other countries in which the interested party has resided.
Not to be in an irregular situation in the country. Therefore, not to have the entry prohibited, not to be rejected in Spain or any of the territories with which there are agreements in this area, as well as being out of the commitment period of no return to Spain after voluntarily returning to the country of origin .
Have professional qualification required or accredited experience for the exercise of your specific activity, as well as, if necessary, professional membership.
Be able to justify the ability to cover the investment planned for the Register Company in Spain and the start-up of the project, as well as show if there is the possibility of generating new jobs in Spain.
Accreditation of having the economic capacity for maintenance in addition to the expenses deducted from the development of your professional activity.
Comply with current regulations regarding the opening and start-up requirements of the business when making the Company Registration in Spain.
Requirements to create a company in Spain if you are a European citizen
Fortunately for you, if it is your case, the current agreements between the member countries of the EU and the territories included in the European Economic Area, state that:
- Any EU citizen has the right to: create his or her own company (even as a sole proprietor) in any EU country (or Iceland, Norway or Liechtenstein).
- Create a branch or subsidiary of an existing company that has its registered office in the EU and is already registered in an EU country.
Basic procedures to create the Register Company in Spain while abroad:
Once we are clear that we meet the requirements mentioned in the previous section, the immigrant who intends to start and create a company in Spain will have to present the following documentation, attaching the original copy of each procedure translated into Spanish or co-official language of the territory, in the Office Spanish consulate corresponding to your country of residence.
- Printed in duplicate of the application EX-07, correctly completed and signed. If you want to obtain the document, click on this link.
- Full copy of the valid passport or travel title with a minimum validity of four months.
- In the case of creating a company whose activity has a commercial retail nature, in a permanent location with a floor space equal to or less than 300 square meters, you must present the declaration of responsibility or prior communication, as well as the proof of payment of the corresponding tax. More information about its regulation, here.
- In the rest of the activities not included in the previous section, it will be necessary to prove the list of authorizations and / or licenses required for the start-up of the activity, indicating the status of the procedures for its attainment, including, if applicable. , certification of application to organisms.
- Proof of job training and professional qualification legally required for the exercise of the profession.
- Demonstrate own investment capacity to face the project or the economic endorsement by a financial institution or similar.
- Business plan that reflects the nature of the company, characteristics, sources of financing, capacity to generate employment, projection of the activity and, ultimately, viability of the project.
- Payment of the residence and work rates: from the moment of validation of the application process, to be paid in a period of 10 working days:
Model 790 code 052, epigraph 2.1 for the initial authorization of temporary residence. It has a cost around 10’50 euros.
Model 790 Code 062, filling in section 1.5 with reference to “self-employment authorizations”: 195.88 euros.
- Accreditation that proves the nullity of criminal records in the countries of residence of the last five years, issued by institutional organizations of said territories.
- Medical certificate.
- Proof of having paid the 60 euros of the visa fee.
More information: www.setupcompanyinspain.com